Friday, March 13, 2009

Mediaspace

This weeks discussions about surveillance and privacy were very interesting to me. I find if interesting that so many people want to keep themselves private but at the same time they are updating their facebook status or twitter every hour on the hour. While I realize that those mediums are not being used in the same way that say a surveillance camera at a bank, atm, or store are being used they aren't exactly keeping people out of public. If you want to stay private then don't put yourself on the internet. I do realize this does sound a bit extreme because there is a difference in using facebook and having your name printed for everyone to see which way you donated your money. But at the same time you cannot say I want to remain completely private but I want to be all over facebook at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment